Electronic Databases A-Z List
A | B | C| D | E | F |
G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
(click on the letter for quick access)
- Adult Learning Center
- Whether you are going back to school, switching jobs, or just want to brush up on an academic skill, our adult learning center is here to help. Our live coaches will help you write a winning resume, learn Microsoft Office, pass the GED, and more
- AncestryPlus (ProQuest)
- Over 1.2 billion records in over 3,000 databases. A source for conducting genealogical and local history research. Included are digitized images of the U.S. Federal Census from 1790 on, The American Geneaological Biographical Index, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, and more. * in library use only
- Auto Repair Reference Center (EBSCO)
- The Auto Repair Reference Center is a full text database containing information on Repair procedures, service bulletins, service recalls, wiring diagrams, labor and quick tips for automobiles. Not all types of automobiles are represented in the database and not all information is available for those automobiles that are represented in the database.
- Biography Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Search or browse through more than 450,000 full-text biographies in over thirty categories, including actors, authors, explorers, historical figures, inventors, musicians, presidents of the United States, scientists and many others.
- Scholastic BookFlix pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. By linking fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration.
- BrainFuse is a comprehensive suite of tutoring services designed for a range of academic needs; whether it’s tackling a tough homework problem, learning an academic skill, or writing a term paper. Adults can also receive live online help from our trained adult education specialists in areas such as US Citizenship testing, resume and cover letter writing assistance and core subject education. Spanish-speaking tutors are offered coextensively (same subjects and hours of availability) with our English-speaking tutors. Live tutors are available seven days a week between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., EST.
- BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that supports educators and engages students. Ideal for both group and one-on-one settings, BrainPOP is used in numerous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to reviewing before a test.
- BrainPOP Jr
- BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that supports educators and engages students. Ideal for both group and one-on-one settings, BrainPOP is used in numerous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to reviewing before a test. BrainPOP Jr. is specifically designed for grades K-3.
- BrainPOP en Español
- Desde 1999, BrainPOP ha creado contenido educativo animado en línea, tanto curricular como de interés general, para asistir a docentes, motivar a estudiantes y promover la participación de los padres de familia.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- Business Source Premier is the industry's most popular business research database, featuring the full text for more than 2,200 journals. Full text is provided back to 1965, and searchable cited references back to 1998.
- Byki is a powerful and personalized language-learning system. It locks foreign language words and phrases into your memory so that you can recall them perfectly and remember them forever. Byki can be used to learn 74 different languages. Users will need to sign up for a free account on their first visit.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries. Searchable by subject or keywords within the entry. This source provides full text for all articles.
- Genealogy Connect (Gale)
- Instead of spending hours scanning books for mentions of a family name, users can turn to Genealogy Connect for a one-stop search across multiple volumes, identifying connections and enriching family history.
- Heritage Quest (ProQuest)
- Research tools for tracing family history and American culture, for beginning and professional genealogists. Includes original page images for all documents.
- History Reference Center (EBSCO)
- History Reference Center is the world's most extensive full-text history reference database, featuring full text for more than 1,620 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books from leading history publishers.
- Founded by filmmakers, IndieFlix curates the best (or possibly the weirdest, depending on your taste) from worldwide film festivals to make sure indies have an audience. Independent filmmakers have worked hard to create these incredible films—movie lovers deserve to be able to see them! Click Here for the IndieFlix user's guide.
- Kids Search
- Kids Search is EBSCO's interface designed for students in grades K through 8. Kids Search provides elementary school students with an easy-to-use, graphically-appealing interface they can use to search their EBSCO databases.
- Literary Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Access a comprehensive collection of author biographies, plot summaries, and book reviews, plus short stories, author interviews, and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO)
- MasterFILE Premier contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. This database also contains full text more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 510,000 photos, maps & flags.
- MAS Ultra
- Designed specifically for high school libraries, MAS Ultra School Edition contains full text for hundreds of popular high school magazines covering a wide-range of subject areas including history, science, careers and much more.
- Middle Search Plus
- This database contains full text for a variety of popular middle school magazines. All full-text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays.
- Newsbank Local Newspapers of Delmarva
- Search full-text current and archived local and state articles on issues, events, people, government and more including the Bay Times (8/2/06-Current), The Capital (1/1/02-Current), Dorchester Star (6/30/06-Current), Kent County News (11/30/06-Current), Record Observer (8/4/06-Current) , Star Democrat (11/16/05-Current), Sunday Star (11/13/05-Current), and the Times Record (8/2/06-Current).
- One Click Digital
- The Recorded Books collection of downloadable audiobooks. Titles are always available for immediate download and are iPod compatible. You will need to register for an account the first time you use this service.
- Download digital audiobooks and eBooks. Please see our eBooks FAQ for more information.
- Primary Search (EBSCO)
- Containing full-text for more than 80 of the most popular elementary school magazines, Primary Search is designed specifically for elementary school libraries.
- Regional Business News (EBSCO)
- With daily updates, Regional Business News provides comprehensive full text for regional U.S. and Canadian business publications (including titles from Crain Communications). Regional Business News has full text for nearly 100 sources.
- Salisbury Daily Times
- Search full-text current and archived issues of the Salisbury Daily Times (8/2001-present).
- Science Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Science Reference Center is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text science-oriented content.
- Three popular primary education databases (Primary Search®, Middle Search® Plus and Book Collection: Nonfiction™) can be accessed via Searchasaurus®, EBSCO Publishing's user search experience for users in primary education.
- Student Research Center (EBSCO)
- The Student Research Center provides students in secondary schools with the most appropriate research tools for easily obtaining the information that they seek from their EBSCO databases.
- Testing and Education Reference Center (Gale)
- This online education resource provides everything a student needs to learn more about further education and assists in making informed decisions on their future from one single, handy database. Testing & Education Reference Center also features interactive online practice tests for preparatory examinations including entrance exams and certification and licensing tests. Some of the standardized tests included are: AP exam, SAT, GRE, civil service exams for places of employment like the U.S. Post Office, NCLEX for nurses, real estate, military, PRAXIS for teachers, and GED. In addition to the standardized tests, this resource offers online information about private high schools, colleges and universities, graduate schools, and specialty schools.
- The TumbleBook Library is a collection of free interactive animated talking storybooks for children. Children can chose to read the text or have the stories read to them. Some books feature "Word Help" to assist children in sounding out words. There are also book-related puzzles and games to play. Stories are available in English, Spanish, French and Chinese.
- Virtual Reference Library (Gale)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7.
- Download full digital copies of your favorite magazines and view them on your computer or mobile device. Click here to view the User Guide.
[to the top]