Electronic Databases A-Z List
A | B | C | D | E | F |
G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
(click on the letter for quick access)
- Adult Learning Center
- Designed to support adult learners and job seekers with services that include GED prep, 24/7 Writing Lab, Live Tutoring, Skills Building, Career Resources, U.S. Citizenship Prep, Microsoft Office Essential Skills Series, and 24/7 Question Center.
- AncestryPlus (ProQuest)
- A source for conducting genealogical and local history research. (Can only be used inside the library.)
- Auto Repair Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Information on repair procedures, service bulletins, service recalls, wiring diagrams, labor and quick tips for automobiles produced since 1954.
- Biography Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Search or browse through more than 450,000 full-text biographies in over thirty categories, including actors, authors, explorers, historical figures, inventors, musicians, presidents of the United States, scientists and many others.
- Read along with an animated picture book from Weston Woods, then test your knowledge with puzzles and quizzes.
- BrainFuse is a comprehensive suite of tutoring services designed for a range of academic needs; whether itís tackling a tough homework problem, learning an academic skill, or writing a term paper. Adults can also receive live online help from our trained adult education specialists in areas such as US Citizenship testing, resume and cover letter writing assistance and core subject education. Spanish-speaking tutors are offered coextensively (same subjects and hours of availability) with our English-speaking tutors. Live tutors are available seven days a week between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., EST.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- Business Source Premier is the industry's most popular business research database, featuring the full text for more than 2,200 journals. Full text is provided back to 1965, and searchable cited references back to 1998.
- Explora is designed specifically for student research, this database includes popular magazines, essays, and primary source documents on a variety of topics.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- Online encyclopedia articles.
- Gale Courses
- Hundreds of instructor-led online courses covering everything from health and wellness to creative writing, computer programming, GED test preparation and much more. Courses run 6 weeks with two lessons released each week.
- Genealogy Connect (Gale)
- Turn to Genealogy Connect for a one-stop search across multiple volumes, identifying connections and enriching family history.
- Grzimeks Animal Life Encyclopedia
- A completely revised and updated version of the original work published in Germany in 1960, this edition incorporates recent developments in the animal world as noted by prominent advisors and contributors from the scientific community.
- Heritage Quest (ProQuest)
- A unique and growing collection of research materials for tracing family history and American culture. Includes more than 25,000 family and local histories.
- History Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Articles and resources covering American and World History.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- This database offers detailed how-to instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines, including Bead & Button, Creative Knitting, FineScale Modeler, Quilter's World and many more.
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- This database provides users with detailed, user-friendly how-to information covering all manner of home improvement/repair projects. It features full-text content from leading home improvement magazines, images not found anywhere else online, and videos of popular home repair projects.
- Literary Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Access a comprehensive collection of author biographies, plot summaries, and book reviews, plus short stories, author interviews, and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO)
- Articles and abstracts from numerous publications, many available in full text.
- MAS Ultra
- Guides high school students to numerous full text research sources as well as health and personal interest topics.
- Middle Search Plus
- Helps connect middle school students to a wide range of age appropriate magazines, biographies, and reference works. This database includes photos, flags, maps, and an unabridged dictionary of the English language.
- Newsbank Local Newspapers of Delmarva
- Search full-text current and archived articles. Publications include the Bay Times (8/2/06-Current), The Capital (1/1/02-Current), Dorchester Star (6/30/06-Current), Kent County News (11/30/06-Current), Record Observer (8/4/06-Current) , Star Democrat (11/16/05-Current), Sunday Star (11/13/05-Current), and the Times Record (8/2/06-Current).
- NoveList Plus
- Looking for a good book? Want to find a new author who's similar to your favorite author? NoveList Plus has reading recommendations for both fiction and nonfiction, for all ages. NoveList's expertise in books and reading means that you'll find just the books you're looking for.
- One Click Digital
- Downloadable audioboooks from Recorded Books, featuring bestselling fiction titles. Most titles are immediately available -- no waiting!
- Download digital audiobooks and eBooks. Please see our eBooks FAQ for more information.
- Primary Search (EBSCO)
- Containing full-text for more than 80 of the most popular elementary school magazines, Primary Search is designed specifically for elementary school libraries.
- Reference USA
- The premier source of business and residential information for reference and research. Used by entrepreneurs, businesses, students, job-seekers or anyone wanting access to information on tens of millions of businesses and hundreds of millions of consumers in an easy to search format.
- Regional Business News (EBSCO)
- With daily updates, Regional Business News provides comprehensive full text for regional U.S. and Canadian business publications (including titles from Crain Communications). Regional Business News has full text for nearly 100 sources.
- Salisbury Daily Times
- Search full-text current and archived issues of the Salisbury Daily Times (8/2001-present).
- Science Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Easy access to science-oriented articles and other resources, including science fair ideas.
- Testing and Education Reference Center (Gale)
- This online education resource provides everything a student needs to learn more about further education and assists in making informed decisions on their future from one single, handy database. Testing & Education Reference Center also features interactive online practice tests for preparatory examinations including entrance exams and certification and licensing tests. Some of the standardized tests included are: AP exam, SAT, GRE, civil service exams for places of employment like the U.S. Post Office, NCLEX for nurses, real estate, military, PRAXIS for teachers, and GED. In addition to the standardized tests, this resource offers online information about private high schools, colleges and universities, graduate schools, and specialty schools.
- Transparent Languages
- Online language learning program. 80+ languages available, including English for those learning it as a second language.
- Nonficton ebooks paired with streaming video designed to help students master Science and Social Studies concepts. Includes digital tools for homework help and research.
- Interactive animated talking storybooks. Children can chose to read the text or have the stories read to them. Some books feature "Word Help" to assist children in sounding out words. There are also book-related puzzles and games to play.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
- Presents easy-to-understand information on 194 countries and dependencies from around the world. Entries discuss a variety of topics in detail, from banking and securities to climate, from government data to demographic statistics. Also includes biographical essays on national leaders..
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the States
- Details current geographical, social, and political data, historical narrative, and statistical information on the 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Caribbean and Pacific dependencies of the United States. Maps, tables, flags and official state seals are included..
- Download full digital copies of your favorite magazines and view them on your computer or mobile device -- just create a free account with your library card via RB Digital.User Guide.
[to the top]