What is the advisory group?
The Project Adelante Advisory Group is comprised of public library professionals and other public service providers interested in improving services to the Latino immigrant community on Maryland's Eastern Shore. The improvement of services will be directed toward meeting the informational and critical services needs of this underserved and growing community as indicated by the recently completed needs assessment phase of Project Adelante.
- Eight public county libraries
- Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, Worcester
- A public service provider from the following critical areas:
- Total membership: 13
Working together, the Advisory Group will design a marketing plan for library outreach to this target population, seek ways of linking library outreach with existing social service programs, and explore how libraries might increase collaboration with area service providers. Dr. Memo Diriker, Associate Professor of Marketing at Salisbury University and Executive Director of BEACON (Business, Economic And Community Outreach Network) will facilitate this process.
- The Advisory Group meeting agenda will incorporate these steps in its process:
- Share information about existing services and resources;
- Consider additional knowledge about the Latino community in each of the eight county service areas;
- Contribute to a marketing plan for the eight county libraries as they seek to better serve the Latino community;
- Plan collaborative programs and services linking libraries and services providers.